Explore Our Museum
HOW TO VISIT THE MUSEUM?
- ►Museum is NOT open daily. Please note the days below we are open.
- Wednesday, August 21 from 12pm-2pm
- Thursday, August 22 from 11am-1:30pm.
- Thursday, August 29-10am-2pm
- Wednesday, September 18- 12pm-2:30pm
- Thursday, September 26- 10am-2pm
- Wednesday October 23- 12pm-2:30pm
- Thursdays in October- 11am-2pm
- Wednesday, November 20, 12pm-2:30pm
- Thursdays In November 11am-2pm Closed Thanksgiving Day
- Thursdays, December 6, 13 10am-2pm
- Wednesday, December 18, 12pm-2:30pm
- Advance reservations are required.
- $3 for Students and Children (over 6)
- $5 for Adults (18 and over)
- Armed forces personnel, their families & WUHS staff visit for free
- All groups require a special fee schedule
TO SCHEDULE YOUR TOUR OR INQUIRE ABOUT DATES AND AVAILABILITY, PLEASE CONTACT DEBBIE LONG AT DLONG@SBCMS.ORG or 909-273-6000 ext 105.
In this day and age, most of us are accustomed to seeing a doctor or ordering prescriptions whenever we need to deal with illness or chronic conditions or just to maintain our health and quality of life.
A tour of the Southern California Medical Museum gives you a glimpse into what life was like in past centuries and early historical eras, particularly in the areas of healthcare and medicine. The advancement of medical care and technology has dramatically increased the way we live our lives and how we are treated for illness. Our Museum exhibits offer an up close and personal view of this evolution in medical care throughout the history of healing.
Displays and exhibits include: fascinating medical, dental and pharmacy artifacts, wartime surgery kits, an impressive medical library, medical artwork and photographs, rare and antique bottles that were used to hold and dispense salves, pills, powders and elixirs, unusual and often hard to believe quackery devices, a diorama recreation of a doctor’s and dentist’s office from the early 1900’s and numerous other special exhibits.
Museum tours teach, entertain and reinforce the legacy, culture and history of healing and medicine dating back to ancient times and spanning the ages to the current day.
Many schools have incorporated our Medical Museum tours into their curriculum as a valuable part of the student learning experience.
CAREER COLLEGES, TRADE SCHOOLS, GROUPS AND CLUBS
Educational and truly enlightening tours are available by appointment for groups, clubs, professional trade schools, career and medical colleges, corporate gatherings and organizations of all sizes as well as for families and individuals of all ages.
Knowledgeable docents (tour guides) will take your group on an adventure through medical history and scientific developments.
BOY SCOUT MERIT BADGE WORKSHOPS
We welcome Scouts as they work towards earning their Medicine Merit Badge. We offer workshops that will allow scouts to learn about the history of medicine while earning this exemplary badge. Workshops are offered two to three times a year. The next workshop date has not be determined. Please send an email to be put on the wait list. We are planning on a fall workshop. For more information contact us at DLONG@SBCMS.ORG
WE LOOK FORWARD TO HAVING YOU VISIT US SOON!